Thursday 3 January 2008

Filming....

We started filming parts of the video on imvu and second life a while ago. Basically, i downloaded a program off the internet, called HyperCam and this hypercam is used to record whichever screen you direct it too. I could record directly off of the screen, and so have managed to record conversations off of IMVU and second life. I could also film myself typing on notepad to help show up what the avatars are saying. Also having Amy on one computer and me on the other, i could record us talking together on my screen. Then i could film me talking to other people who didnt know what the project was about, giving me an opportunity to interact with people who had no idea of my age, or what i looked like. In second life, the first contact i had with someone was them asking me to marry them, because i looked cute. This mirrors when i first joined Second life and the first person that spoke to me, said, take off your clothes. I said back to him, its not a real person. I find it quite funny to be honest, yet at the same time quite disturbing, that someone asked for that thing from another person online, in seems like a bit of an obsession or fetish. I also thought about making a film, of us being in control of the computer, for instance, pictures of me and amy on a webcam on the computer and then shots to us playing on the computer itself, so merging worlds, from the real world, to the virtual environment that we slid into.

No comments: